Welcome to the official WCSSF website
WCSSF is the Western Cape Sport Shooting Federation. WCSSF is affiliated to the South African Practical Shooting Association (SAPSA).Practical shooting is a sport which challenges one's ability to shoot accurately, with speed, using a full-power handgun, rifle, or shotgun.
WCSSF Open Day - Click here for more details Date:05 March 2017 - 10h00-16h00 Venue: CPPC, de Waal drive, Cape Town( Click here for directions to the venue)
Western Cape Sport Shooting Federation (WCSSF) (previously WPPSA), would like to appeal to all sport shooters and gun owners alike to donate to Gun Owners of South Africa (GOSA http://www.gunownerssa.org/ ).
GOSA stands for upholding the rights of legal firearm owners. They have been instrumental in protecting and asserting the rights of law abiding firearm owners. This however does involve a significant amount of money for court cases, legal fees, etc. Their latest case involves objecting to situations where firearm owners licenses have expired; and those firearm owners are not allowed to renew their license, and were instructed to hand in their firearms for destruction.
There are various ways to contribute, including WCSSF trying make it easy and convenient for their members to contribute. Should you wish to contribute, you may do so in the following ways:
- CASH OPTION - Bring your donation to any official WCSSF match (currently, the next match will be the handgun champs taking place on 03 and 04 December 2017 at CPPC). Any amount welcome;
- EFT to GOSA OPTION - Make a direct EFT to GOSA (refer to their website for banking details http://www.gunownerssa.org/) – it would be appreciated if you could inform WCSSF of these as well. Please bear in mind the cost of the EFT when using this option, to ensure GOSA can benefit from your EFT;
- WCSSF/WPPSA ONLINE OPTION – Using the same process as you do for Match Registrations, go to the WCSSF website (http://www.wppsa.co.za) and select Match Registration, and contribute by “Registering for the Match”. Due to costs, minimum donations of R100 are only allowed using this method. WCSSF will combine members contributions, and pay it to GOSA.
Your contribution will help make a difference. Please support this initiative, and donate generously.We further encourage all to join GOSA as members.
Course of Fire (CoF) will be loaded once available.
- Handgun : 18 February 2017 (Range: CPPC, de Waal drive, Cape Town)
- 3-Gun : 19 February 2017 (Range: CPPC, de Waal drive, Cape Town)
Need to know how to register for a Match? See Quick Access menu for a link to a document which will guide you
The first fundraising event shall be a WPPSA Fundraising shoot
Where: Cape Practical Pistol Club
Number of stages: 8
Number of rounds: On the day (Come with 200, because you can shoot the stages as many times as you like)
Scoring: Shoot as many times as you like, but only first one scores.
Entry Fee: R60.00
First shot fired: 11am (depending how early the stages are built)
Registration: Just rock up, register , enter any detail to shoot, However that detail should have a qualified RO
Development: Opportunity for clubs to use these shoots as part of development